Saint Stephen’s is a private college preparatory school, located in Bradenton, FL, serving Manatee County, Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota and the surrounding area. We provide a remarkable PK3-12 education, numerous cultural arts opportunities and competitive sports programs.
- Lower School: Pre-Kindergarten 3 – Grade 3
- Intermediate School: Grades 4 – 6
- Middle School: Grades 7 – 8
- Upper School: Grades 9 – 12
- Current student enrollment (PK 3-12): 654
- Number of full-time faculty: 66
- Average class size: 16
Accreditations and Memberships
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Florida Council of Independent Schools
- Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- National Association of Episcopal Schools
- Florida Kindergarten Council
- Florida High School Athletic Association
Stats from the Class of 2012
The following are some outstanding accomplishments of this year’s graduating class which represents our commitment to college preparation:
- One student will be attending Southern Methodist University on a full scholarship.
- 8 students will be participating in intercollegiate athletics in baseball, football, soccer, volleyball, golf and tennis.
- 1 National Merit Scholar, 2 Commended.
- Over $3.5 million awarded in merit-based scholarships.
- View our College Acceptance list here.
Saint Stephen’s College Counseling Office is committed to providing a full range of support for students and their parents in the college search, application, and transition process. Our staff helps students gather, evaluate, and prioritize information in order to be well informed about their plans for college. Saint Stephen’s students currently attend colleges and universities throughout the country and abroad.
Over 75% of students in grades 7 through 12 participate in at least one competitive sport.
Summer and Holiday Programs
From June through August, students in PK-12th grade have the opportunity to participate in enriching, fun-filled programs at Saint Stephen’s Summer Camp. From sports camps, field trips and magic shows to computer courses, study skills and SAT prep courses, students can fill their summer with memorable activities. Adult courses are offered, too. Camp programs are also available during the holiday vacation breaks. Come join your friends, old and new, at Saint Stephen’s.
Saint Stephen’s maintains two libraries on campus with a holdings total of close to 12,000 printed materials. Students also have access to 1500 audio-visual materials, five online research sources, and over fifty newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
Uniforms and Dress Code
Uniforms are required for students in Pre-Kindergarten 3 through sixth grade.
A dress code is enforced for students in grades 7 through 12.
Saint Stephen’s offers transportation to all students attending the school. Bus and van service is available throughout Sarasota and Manatee counties and the IMG Academies.
Saint Stephen’s appreciates individual differences and seeks talented and motivated students of all ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Financial aid is awarded annually according to demonstrated financial need. A financial aid application may be found here.
Saint Stephen’s Episcopal School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. Saint Stephen’s does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual preferences, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational or admissions policies, scholarships, athletic or other school administered programs.
We invite you to visit the school to see the campus and curriculum in action. Please contact our Director of Admissions, Linda Lutz at (941) 746-2121 to schedule an appointment.